Liposuction is one of the best surgical procedures that can help you achieve a great body. In fact, recent statistics show that it’s the most practiced surgery in the whole world. It’s a perfect method of getting rid of fat deposits that you can’t reduce by exercising and dieting. Your surgeon makes an incision in your skin after which he or she inserts cannulas that sucks out the excess fat from the target area. Liposuction can be done on the thighs, abdomen, hips, buttocks, neck, chin, waist, and jaws. You can visit the clinic at Melbourne if you are interested in the different liposuction techniques in Melbourne.
However, liposuction can only be done if you:
- Are healthy
- Within 25% of your ideal weight
- Have elastic and firm skin
- Are not allergic to lidocaine
Types of liposuction
There are two main types of liposuction of which any of them can be carried out on you.
1.Tumescent liposuction: in this procedure, the surgeon injects a sterile solution in the target area in order to reduce blood loss and pain. The solution contains epinephrine, saline, and lidocaine.
2.Ultrasound or laser-assisted liposuction: it involves the use of sound or laser energy to liquefy the fat in order to make it easier for the cannulas to suck. It’s more expensive.
What to expect
- Your surgeon can mark the target area(s) and may take photos for the comparison purpose.
- Local or general anesthesia may be administered to you.
- Expect to go home on the same day since liposuction isn’t a complicated procedure. There are several risks that are associated with liposuction.
- Anesthesia complications
- Accumulation of fluids underneath the skin
- Injuries from the surgical tools
- Unbalanced removal of fat
- Damage to muscles and blood vessels
However, the chances of getting the risks can be reduced by visiting a professional and accredited surgeon.
Getting the best results from liposuction
Selecting a certified surgeon is a sure way to get good results from liposuction. In addition, there are a few tips you should consider after the procedure in order to attain that great body you’ve admired for long.
- Carry out some exercises. This helps to reduce blood clots and quickens results. However, you should avoid strenuous exercises.
- Maintain a healthy diet: You should limit your calorie consumption after liposuction. Also, drink a lot of liquids to keep you hydrated.
- Always wear your compression garment during the first two weeks after the procedure. This reduces pain and swelling. Furthermore, it helps your body gain new shape.